- 75 watts total system peak power (47 watts total RMS); front-panel stereo minijack (.125-inch) analog audio input
- Surround-sound listening from 5 bookshelf/satellite speakers (6 wpc) and a powered subwoofer; satellites: 3.5 x 3.9 x 5.3 inches (W x D x H)
- 17-watt subwoofer in a reinforced-wood enclosure; 7.5 in x 8.3 in x 7.5 inches (W x D x H)
- Image Focusing Plate (IFP) design for broad sound dispersion
- Wired remote control for easy level adjustments; subwoofer includes independent bass-level control
Model Number: 5200
Connectivity Technology: wired
Item Package Quantity: 1
Creative's Inspire 5.1 5200 speaker system offers full-bodied sound from a compact design, making it a terrific choice for stereo PC music, movie, or game listening--including EAX and DirectSound 3D games. The system comes with a set of five bookshelf/satellite speakers and a 17-watt powered subwoofer made of reinforced-wood. Convenient speaker stands angle the satellites toward your listening position. The Inspire series aims to provide the highest-value speakers that Creative can offer, balancing cohesive psychoacoustic "imaging," sonic accuracy, and affordability.
Inspire 5.1 5200 has the ability to simulate 5.1-surround sound from Sound Blaster 4-channel sound cards using Creative's proprietary CMSS upmix technology. The 6-watts-per-channel satellites use Creative's Image Focusing Plate (IFP) design for broad sound dispersion that doesn't interfere with the speakers' natural tonal balance. You can mount the supplied wired remote control anywhere on your desktop so volume adjustments will always be right at your fingertips. The system offers an independent bass-level control and a single stereo minijack (.125-inch) analog audio input.
The system's five compact speakers--earmarked for center channel, front left and right, and surround left and right--and subwoofer are designed as a cohesive set. Each speaker is sonically matched and driven by its own discrete amplifier. The center, front, and rear satellites take up minimal desktop space, while the non-directional subwoofer can be placed behind or under furniture, or anywhere else that's out of the way.
What's in the Box
Three front speakers with attached 6-foot cables, two rear speakers with attached 16-foot cables, one subwoofer, a wired volume/bass control with power switch and a headphone jack, a power supply adapter.